The Hamberg Family from Breuna, originally from Burgsinn
F I R S T G E N E R A T I O N :
1. Moses, he was a Rabbi. He married Reichel, daughter of Schneur. Moses and Reichel lived in Burgsinn. They had a son:
+ 2. Jehuda
Reichel died on 03.10.1739 in Burgsinn. She is buried on the Jewish cemetery of Altengronau, grave no. 105. (“Reichel, Frau des Moses (1739) - Altengronau”. In: Juedische Friedhoefe, http;//www.lagis-hessen.de/en/subjects/idrec/sn/juf/id/3331)
Moses died on 25.05.1767 in Burgsinn, he is buried on the Jewish cemetery of Altengronau, grave no. 239. (“Moses (1767) – Altengronau”. In: Juedische Friedhoefe, http://www.lagis-hessen.de/en/subjects/idrec/sn/juf/id/3620)
S E C O N D G E N E R A T I O N :
2. Jehuda / Josef Moses, cattle dealer, he married Rachel, née Simon. Jehuda/Josef and Rachel Moses lived in Burgsinn, they had two sons:
+ 3. Moses Juda, born 16.12.1777 in Burgsinn
+ 4. Samuel Juda, born 13.06.1780 in Burgsinn.
(Hessisches Staatsarchiv Marburg, Bestand 76a, no. 28, 22,p. 7, no. 53,54, Judenlisten1808 Canton Volkmarsen)
Jehuda / Josef Moses died on 08.03.1790 in Burgsinn, he is buried on the Jewish cemetery of Altengronau, grave no. 9. („Jehuda, Sohn des Moses (1790) – Altengronau, in: Juedische Friedhoefe, http://www.lagis-hessen.de/en/subjects/idrec/sn/juf/id/1019)
T H I R D G E N E R A T I O N :
3. Moses Juda Hamberg, born about 1776 in Burgsinn, he took the name Hamberg 1808 in Breuna. He married Guetchen Rosenberg, born about 1790. Moses and Guetchen Hamberg had eleven children:
+ 5. Malchen Hamberg, born 15.03.1811 in Breuna
+ 6. Juda Hamberg, born 10.10.1812 in Breuna, he died on 18.03.1863 at the age of 48 in
+ 7. Jette / Henriette Hamberg, born in 1817 in Breuna
+ 8. Seligmann Hamberg, born 15.04.1819 in Breuna
+ 9. Mariana / Miriam Hamberg, born about 1821 in Breuna
10. Rahel Hamberg, born 1823 in Breuna, she died 18.06.1834 in Breuna
+ 11. Salomon Hamberg, born 17.07.1824 in Breuna
12. Marcus Hamberg, born 27.01.1826 in Breuna, he died 15.03.1846 in Breuna
13. Abraham Hamberg, born 02.03.1828 in Breuna.
14. Rachel Hamberg, born 04.08.1830 in Breuna, she died 23.10.1841 in Breuna
15. Hanchen Hamberg, born 01.12.1833 in Breuna.
(Hessisches Hauptstaatsarchiv Wiesbaden, Bestand 365, no.90 birth records Breuna, no.96 families Breuna)
Guetchen Hamberg died on 21.04.1862 in Breuna at the age of 72 years. Moses Hamberg died on 12.02. 1865 in Breuna at the age of 88 years and 9 months.
(HHStAWI 365, no. 95 death records Breuna)
4. Samuel Hamberg, born about 1777 in Burgsinn. He deals with textils, he married Kreschen Baruch. Samuel and Kreschen Hamberg had six children:
+ 16. Maria Hamberg, born in 1816 in Breuna
+ 17. Hannchen Hamberg, born about 1818 in Breuna
+ 18. Juda Hamberg, born 08.02.1820 in Breuna
19. Baruch Hamberg, born 20.03.1824 in Breuna
20. Moses Hamberg, born 23.10.1829 in Breuna.
21. Hermina Hamberg, born 23.10.1829 in Breuna.
Samuel Hamberg married a second time at the age of 56 on 30.03.1833 in Breuna Regina Isenberg, 28 years old, born about 1805 in Volkmarsen, daughter of Salomon Isenberg and his wife Zerchen née Mayer. (HHStAWI, 365, no. 92 wedding records Breuna)
Samuel Hamberg died 11.12.1857 at the age of 80 years in Breuna.
(HHStAWI, 365, no. 95, death records Breuna)
F O U R T H G E N E R A T I O N :
5. Malchen / Amelie Hamberg, born 15.03.1811, she was married at the age of 33 years, 5 months and 15 days on 30.07.1844 in Breuna to Moses Loewenstein, butcher in Fritzlar, 30 years and 4 months old, born 30.04.1814 in Fritzlar, son of Heinemann Loewenstein and his wife Bruna née Nathan.
6. Juda Hamberg, born 10.10.1812 in Breuna, horse dealer. He married at the age of 44 years on 24.04.1857 in Lohne Delzchen / Dina Sauer, 20 years old, from Lohne, born
02.01.1837, daughter of Moses Sauer and his wife Edel, née Abt. Juda and Delzchen/Dina Hamberg had six children:
22. Reubchen Hamberg, born in June1861 in Breuna, she died
19.07.1862 in Breuna.
+ 23. Moses Hamberg, born 21.12.1866 in Breuna
24. female, without a name, born 20.11.1869 in Breuna, she died
01.12.1869 in Breuna.
25. Mathilde Hamberg, born 18.06.1871 in Breuna
26. Abraham Hamberg, born 31.10.1873 in Breuna, he died
06.02.1876 in Breuna.
+ 27. Seligmann / Sigmund Hamberg, born 06.02.1876 in Breuna.
7. Jette / Henriette Hamberg, born in 1817 in Breuna. She was married on 24.07.1839 in Breuna to Levi Schoen(en)thal. (See the genealogy “The Schoen(en)thal Family from Sielen)
8. Seligmann Hamberg, born 15.04.1819 in Breuna, he married at the age of 25 years, 6 months and 8 days on 23.10.1844 in Breuna Jette Gans, 22 years, 8 months and 11 days old, born 12.02.1822, daughter of Jacob Gans and his wife Jette Rose from Herlinghausen.
(HHStAWI, 365, no. 92 wedding records Breuna)
Seligmann and Jette Hamberg had nine children:
28. Jacob Hamberg, born 10.08.1845 in Breuna, he died
26.04.1847 in Breuna.
+ 29. Rosa / Rosalie Hamberg, born 17.07.1847 in Breuna
30. Mendel / Emanuel Hamberg, born 03.06.1849 in Breuna, he
emigrated into the USA.
31. Malchen Hamberg, born 06.03.1851 in Breuna. She was
married to Jacob Beer. Jacob and
Malchen Beer emigrated into the USA.
(HHStAWI, 365, no. 90 birth records Breuna)
32. Levi Hamberg, born 26.02.1853 in Breuna, he died
12.06.1858 in Breuna.
+ 33. Mathilde Hamberg, born 10.07.1855 in Breuna
+ 34. Julius Hamberg, born 19.07.1857 in Breuna
+ 35. Julchen Hamberg, born 15.08.1859 in Breuna
+ 36. Minna Hamberg, born 10.11.1861 in Breuna.
(no. 31.-35 from Rob Meyer's tree)
9. Mariana / Miriam Hamberg, born about 1821 in Breuna, she was married at the age of 27 years on 03.05.1848 in Breuna to Levi Mollrich (Moellerich), merchant in Niederelsungen, 27 years, 4 months and 2 days old, born 01.01.1821, illegitimate son of Rebecca Eichholz, nee Mollrich. (HHStAWI, 365, no. 92 wedding records Breuna)
Mariana and Levi Mollrich / Moellerich had ten children:
+ 37. Wolf Moellerich, born14.01.1849 in Niederelsungen
38. Juda Moellerich, born 26.06.1850 in Niederelsungen, he died 03.03.1851.
+ 39. Rebecca Moellerich, born 16.11.1851 in Niederelsungen
(HHStAWI, 365, no. 9O, birth rcords Breuna/Niederelsungen)
40. Simon Moellerich, born 02.02.1853
41. Elias Moellerich, born 18.02.1854 in Niederelsungen, he died 15.09.1856.
42. Selig Moellerich, born 24.07.1856 in Niederelsungen
43. Samuel Moellerich, born 14.03.1858 in Niederelsungen
+ 44. Markus Moellerich, born 29.02.1860 in Niederelsungen
45. Gerson Moellerich, born 21.01.1862 in Niederelsungen
+ 46. Abraham Moellerich, born 30.05.1863 in Niederelsungen.
(no. 39 – 45 from Enrique Kahn's Moellerich genealogy)
Levi Moellerich died 09.01.1894 in Breuna, Mariana Moellerich died 06.04.1901 in Breuna.
11. Salomon Hamberg, born 17.04.1824 in Breuna, he married at the age of 25 years, 9 months and 13 days on 30.04.1850 in Breuna Minna / Muendel Eichholz, 26 years, 11 months and 8 days old, born 22.05.1823, daughter of Itzig Eichholz and his wife Rebecca née Moellerich. (HHStAWI 365, no. 92 wedding records Breuna)
Minna Eichholz had an illegitimate son:
+ 47. Juda (Hamberg), born 15.06.1849 or 1850 in Niederelsungen
(father: Salomon Hamberg)
(HHStAWI, 365, no. 90 birth records Niederelsungen/Breuna)
Salomon and Minna Hamberg had four children:
48. Rebecca Hamberg, born 28.09.1850 in Niederelsungen
49. Simon Hamberg, born 30.07.1852 in Niederelsungen
(HHStAWI 365, no, 90 birth records Niederelsungen/Breuna)
50. Eduard Hamberg, born 16.11.1854
51. Sali Hamberg, born 09.09.1858.
16. Maria Hamberg, born in 1816 in Breuna, she was married on 25.01.1854 in Oberlistingen at the age of 37 years, 5 months and 27 days to Seligmann Ferse, 42 years, 11 months and 25 days old, born in 1811, son of Itzig Ferse and his wife Peschen, née Eichholz. (HHStAWI, 365, no. 670, wedding records Oberlistingen)
17. Hannchen Hamberg, born about 1818 in Breuna. She was married on 12.01.1842 in Oberlistingen at the age of 24 years to Meier Ferse, 41 years old, born about 1801, son of Itzig Ferse and his wife Baeschen, née Eichholz.
(HHStAWI, 365, no. 559 wedding records Oberlistingen)
18. Juda Hamberg, born 08.02.1820 in Breuna. He married 18.06.1850 Breinchen / Bertha
Goldwein, born 12.09.1825 in Meimbressen, daughter of Samuel
Goldwein and his wife Jettchen, nee Herzfeld. Juda and Breinchen
Hamberg had five children:
+ 52. Roeschen / Kreschen Hamberg, born 23.04.1851 in Breuna
53. Samuel Hamberg, born 23.04.1851 in Breuna
+ 54. Jettchen Hamberg, born 08.12.1855 in Breuna
+ 55. Baruch Hamberg, born 06.09.1856 in Breuna
+ 56. Salomon Hamberg, born 20.12.1857 in Breuna.
Juda Hamberg died 18.03.1863 in Breuna. Breinchen / Bertha Hamberg died 05.03.1902 in Breuna.
F I F T H G E N E R A T I O N :
23. Moses Hamberg, born 21.12.1866 in Breuna, merchant in Bruch / Recklinghausen. He married on 23.05.1894 in Kassel Jeanette Katz, born 11.10.1866 in Hammelburg/Bavaria, daughter of Heinrich Katz and his wife Fanny née Nussbaum. (Helmut Thiele, a.a.O., p.480)
27. Seligmann / Sigmund Hamberg, merchant in Essen, born 06.02.1876 in Breuna. He married on 21.01.1907 in Borken (Hessen) Adele Kaufmann, born 09.03.1884 in Borken, daughterof Liebmann Kaufmann and his wife Hannchen, née Sauer. Seligmann and Adele Hamberg had two children:
+ 57. Alfhild Judith Hamberg, born 24.10.1907 in Essen
+ 58. Bruno Hamberg, born 24.09.1908.
Seligmann Hamberg died 03.03.1917. Adele Hamberg emigrated with her children into the USA. (More about the Kaufmann Family from Borken in “The Kaufmann Stern Family from Borken, the descendnats of Susel and Berta Kaufmann” www.judeninnnordhessen.de.vu)
29. Rosa Hamberg, born 17.7.1847 in Breuna, she was married on 11.06.1873 in Breuna to Bernhard Winterschweig, butcher from Crefeld, 34 years old, born 12.06.1839 in Krefeld, son of Siegmund Winterschweig and his wife Sophie, née Weissmann. Rosa and Bernhard Winterschweig had three children:
58 a. Siegmund Winterscheid, born 20.03.1974 in Krefeld
58 b. Sofie Winterscheid, born 1875 in Krefeld, she died 1879 in
+ 58 c. Julie Winterscheid, born 12.01.1876 in Krefeld.
Bernhard Winterschweig died 18.02.1885 in Krefeld, Rosa Winterschweig died 10.11.1914 in Krefeld.
33. Mathilde Hamberg, born 10.07.1855 in Breuna. She was married to Joseph Braunsberg, born 26.06.1850 in Breuna. She was his third wife (first wife: Roeschen Hamberg, no. 52 of that genealogy, second wife: Esther Braunsberg).
(See Braunsberg genealogy no. 6)
34. Julius Hamberg, born 19.07.1867 in breuna, he married Mimi Seligmann, born 02.01.1868 in Emmerich. Julius and Mimi Hamberg had four children:
59. Marta Hamberg, born 05.07.1888 in Cologne, she was married to
N.N. Engel. She died 17.04.1935 in Hamburg.
60. Kurt Hamberg, born 10.05.1890 in Cologne, he married Gertrud
Engel, born 14.03.1899 in Hamburg.
61. Hans Hamberg, born 14.02.1897 in Cologne. He married Else
Leven, born 29.04.1897 in Krefeld, daughter of Adolf Leven and
his wife Julchen née Hamberg, sister of Julius Hamberg.
(no.35 of that genealogy)
62. Willi Hamberg, born 16.09.1901 in Hamburg, he married Kaethe
Damman, born 4.9.1909 in Hamburg.
Mimi Hamberg died 23.01.1911 in Hamburg, Julius Hamberg died 11.09.1911 in Hamburg.
(Rob Meyers genealogy)
35. Julchen Hamberg, born 15.08.1859 in Breuna, she was married to Adolf Leven, born 21.09.1862 in Krefeld. Julchen and Adolf Leven had two children:
63. Kurt Leven, born 14.10.1891 in Krefeld, he died 04.12.1914 in
Russia in WWI.
64. Else Leven, born 29.04.1897 in Krefeld, she was married to
Hans Hamberg, born 14.02.1897 in Cologne, son of Julius
Hamberg, brother of Else Leven and his wife Mimi née
Adolf Leven died 16.10.1928 in Krefeld. (Rob Meyer's genealogy)
36. Minna Hamberg, born 11.10.1861 in Breuna, she was a single, she lived in Krefeld. She was deported on 25.07.1942 from Duesseldorf to Theesienstadt and from there on 21.09.1942 to Treblinka. (Gedenkbuch Bundesarchiv)
37. Wolf Moellerich, born 14.01.1849 in Niederelsungen, he married on 15.05.1873 in Wolfhagen Reichel / Rickchen / Friederike Speyer Weissenbach, born 09.11.1850 in Wolfhagen, daughter of Joseph Speyer Weissenbach and his wife Jettchen née Katzenstein. (HHStAWI, 365, no. 861 wedding records Wolfhagen)
Wolf and Friederike Moellerich had eight children:
65. Guetchen / Ida Moellerich, born09.03.1874 in Wolfhagen
+ 66. Sara Sophie Moellerich, born 30.05.1875 in Wolfhagen
+ 67. Moses / Moritz Moellerich, born 21.09.1876 in Wolfhagen
68. Selma Moellerich, born 16.05.1878 in Wolfhagen
+ 69. Bertha Moellerich, born 06.02.1880 in Wolfhagen
70. Frieda Moellerich, born 30.12.1882 in Wolfhagen
+ 71. Joseph Moellerich, born 03.09.1885 in Wolfhagen
+ 72. Amalie Moellerich, born 26.01.1887 in Wolfhagen.
(HHStAWI, 365, no. 859 birth records Wolfhagen)
Wolf Moellerich died 19.12.1912 in Wolfhagen, Friederike Moellerich died on 19.09.1924.
39. Rebecca Moellerich, born 16.11.1851 in Niederelsungen, she was married on 03.06.1874 in Niederelsungen to Samuel Vorenberg, son of Baer Vorenberg and his wife Hanchen née Rosenbaum. (Enrique Kahn's genealogy)
44. Markus Moellerich, born 29.02.1860 in Niederelsungen. He married on13.07.1885 Helen Neuburger, born 08.03.1861 in Burghaslach, daughter of Jacob Neuburger and his wife Sara née Loewenstein. Markus and Helen Moellerich had six children:
73. N. Moellerich (female), born 12.04.1886 in Ingolstadt, she
+ 74. Elsa Moellerich, born 06.03.1887 in Ingolstadt
75. Willy Moellerich, born 24.02.1888 in Ingolstadt, he died
in July 1963.
+ 76. Rosa Moellerich, born 21.11.1889 in Ingolstadt
77. Julius Moellerich, born 14.11.1890 in Ingolstadt, he died
1945 in Pardes Chanah/Israel.
78. Adele Moellerich, born 14.03.1893 in Ingolstadt.
Markus Moellerich died 18.01.1925 in Ingolstadt. (Enrique Kahn's genealogy)
46. Abraham Moellerich, born 30.05.1863 in Niederelsungen. He married 09.01.1894 Henriette Koenigsheim. Abraham and Henriette Moellerich had three chidren:
79. Marianne Moellerich, born 1901
80. Walter Moellerich. born 1911
81. Harvey Moellerich.
Abraham Moellerich died 29.10.1929. (Enrique Kahn's genealogy)
47. Juda / Julius Hamberg, born 15.06. 1849 or 1850 in Niederlesungen. He married on 31.05.1882 in Kassel Edelchen / Adelheid Israel, born 04.01.1844 in Zierenberg, daughter of Abraham Israel and his wife Roeschen née Wallerstein. Juda and Adelheid Hamberg had a daughter:
82. Rosa Hamberg, born 06.23.1884 in Kassel, she was a single
she died 21.09.1925 in Kassel.
Adelheid Hamberg died 13.03.1919 in Kassel. (Helmut Thiele, a.a.O., p. 124, 305, 324, 455)
52. Roeschen / Rosa Hamberg, born 23.04.1851 in Breuna, she was married on 13.08.1874 to Joseph Braunsberg, born 26.06.1850 in Breuna, son of Heinemann Braunsberg and his wife Miriam, nee Schoeneberg. Joseph and and Rosa Braunsberg had five children. Roeschen Braunsberg died in 1883 at the birth of her fifth child Salo Braunsberg.
(For further information look into the Braunsberg-genealogy No.6.)
54. Jettchen Hamberg, born 08.12.1855 in Breuna. She was married to Meier Lilienfeld,
born 02.04.1849 in Gudensberg, son of Susskind Lilienfeld and his wife Bluemchen, nee Kleeblatt. Meier and Jettchen Lilienfeld had five children. Jettchen Lilienfeld died 31.01.1923 in Gudensberg.
(For further informations look into the Lilienfeld-genealogy No. 22.)
55. Baruch Hamberg, born 06.09.1856 in Breuna.He married Sara Herzfeld, born 22.05.1856 in Helmarshausen. Baruch and Sara Hamberg had eleven children:
+ 83. Julius Hamberg, born 03.02.1881 in Breuna
+ 84. Julie Hamberg, born 11.08.1882 in Breuna
+ 85. Henriette Hamberg, born 05.02.1884 in Breuna
+ 86. Moritz Hamberg, born 15.07.1885 in Breuna
+ 87. Sally Hamberg, born 16.05.1887 in Breuna
+ 88. Rose Hamberg, born 06.02.1889 in Breuna
+ 89. Hermann Hamberg, born 12.09.1890 in Breuna
+ 90. Emilie Hamberg, born 26.05.1892 in Breuna
91. Sallo Hamberg, born 10.12.1893 in Breuna, he emigrated into
+ 92. Fanny Hamberg, born 22.07.1895 in Breuna
+ 93. Johanna Hamberg, born 28.08.1897 in Breuna.
Sara Hamberg died 04.04.1926 in Breuna, Baruch Hamberg died 04.07.1934 in Breuna.
(Rob Meyer's genealogy)
56. Salomon / Sally Hamberg, born 20.12.1857 in Breuna. He moved to Volkmarsen and opened a textilshop in the center of Volkmarsen. He married on 16.12.1885 Helena Blum. Two children of Salomon and Helen Hamberg are known:
+ 94. Julius (II) Hamberg
+ 95. Leo Hamberg, born 30.05.1889 in Volkmarsen.
Salomon Hamberg died 24.02.1926 in Volkmarsen. (HHStAWI, 365, no. 842, grave lists Volkmarsen)
SIXTH GENERATION :
57. Alfhild Judith Hamberg, born 24.10.1907 in Essen. She was married to Bernhard H. Beuthner, born 30.06.1901 in Breslau.Bernhard H. Beuthner died 04.06.1993 in Teaneck, Bergen, New Jersey, Alfhild Beuthner died 15.07.1997 in Teaneck, Bergen, New Jersey.
58. Bruno Hamberg, born 24.09.1908. He married Ellen Billingheimer. Bruno and Ellen Hamberg had a daughter:
96. Judy Hamberg, born about 1950 in Middelboro, MA. USA
Bruno Hamberg died 22.10.1959 in Hickory, Catawba, Noeth Carolina.
58 c. Julie Winterscheid, born 12.01.1876 in Krefeld. She was married first to Moritz Weiss from Berlin. She was maried a second time to Leopold Leven. Julie and Leopold Leven had a son:
+ 96 a. Fritz Leven, born 20.01.1889 in Krefeld
Leopold Leven died on 17.05.1901 in Krefeld. Julie Leven died on 30.12.1923.
66. Sara Sophie Moellerich, born 30.05.1875 in Wolfhagen, she was marrid to Hermann Schwarz, born 20.06.1872 in Volkmarsen. Sara Sophie and Hermann Schwarz had four sons:
97. Max Schwarz, born 12.12.1896 in Niederelsungen
98. Otto Schwarz
99. Ludwig Schwarz
100. Eugen Schwarz.
(Enrique Kahn's genealogy)
The family moved in 1935 to Hannover and from there to New York. Sara Sophie and Hermann Schwarz celebrated there in 1948 golden wedding. (Ernst Klein, a.a.O., p. 208)
67. Moses / Moritz Moellerich, born 21.09.1876, he married Henriette N.N., Moses Moritz and Henriette Moellerich had two children:
101. N.N. Moellerich, born and died 08.09.1910
102. Gretl Moellerich, orn 16.07.1914, she died in 1985 in Miami.
(Enrique Kahn's genealogy)
The family moved to Hamburg. Moses Moritz Moellerich was deported on 25.10.1941 from Hamburg to Lodz / Poland, where he was murdered on 10.05.1942. (Gedenkbuch Bundesarchiv)
69. Bertha Moellerich, born 06.02.1880 in Wolfhagen.She was married on 20.06.1905 in Wolfhagen to Jacob Mansbach, born 16.10.1873 in Gudensberg, son of Kaufmann Mansbach and his wife Beilchen, née Gottschalk. Bertha amd Jacob Mansbach had two children:
+ 103. Julius Mansbach, born 15.04.1906 in Gudensberg
+ 104. Brunhilde Mansbach, born 31.03.1909 in Gudensberg.
The family emigrated into the USA and lived in Chicago. Bertha Moellerich died 14.10.1941 in Chicago, Jacob Moellerich died died 09.05.1948 in Chicago. (Enrique Kahn's genealogy)
71. Joseph Moellerich, born 03.09.1885 in Wolfhagen, he married Selma Meyer, born 01.08.1895 in Karolinensiel/Wittmund. Joseph and Selma Moellerich had two children:
+ 105. Edith Moellerich, born 26.08.1921 in Wolfhagen
+ 106. Wolfgang Rolf Moellerich, born 27.05.1930 in Kassel
(Enrique Kahn's genealogy)
Joseph and Selma Moellerich moved to Hamburg. They were deported on 25.10.1941 from Hamburg to Lodz. Selma Moellerich was deported from Lodz to Chelmno and murdered there. (Gedenkbuch Bundesarchiv)
72. Amalie Moellerich, born 26.01.1887 in Wolfhagen. She was married to Julius Schloss, born 19.02.1878. Amalie and Julius Schloss had two children:
107. Werner Schloss, born 22.11.1911 in Wunsdorf, he changed
his name into Bernhard Rutheford.
+ 108. Ruth Schloss, born 29.01.1915.
(Enrique Kahn's genealogy)
74. Elsa Moellerich, born 06.03.1887 in Ingolstadt, she was married on 04.06.1912 to Oskar Goldscheider, born 29.09.1883 in Hamburg. Elsa and Oskar Goldscheider had two daughters:
+ 109. Marga Goldscheider, born 24.03.1913 in Cologne
+ 110. Irene Goldscheider, born 31.07.1914 in Cologne.
Oskar Goldscheider died 16.05.1915 in Nadworna / Ukraine in WWI. Elsa Goldscheider emigrated with her daughters to Argentina and lived in Buenos Aires.
76. Rosa Mollerich, born 21.11.1889 in Ingolstadt, she was married on 07.12.1919 to Simon Hutzler, born 24.12.1892 in Forth. Rosa and Simon Hutzler had two children:
111. Edith Hutzler, born 22.11.1921 in Munich
112. Martin Hutzler, born 13.05.1923 in Ingolstadt.
Rosa Hutzler died 18.03.1938 in Munich. (Enrique Kahn's genealogy)
83. Julius Hamberg, born 03.02.1881 in Breuna, he married Johanna Meyer, born 29.11.1892 in Gelsenkirchen. Julius and Johanna Hamberg lived in Volkmarsen and moved about 1924 to Kassel. They had a textil shop in Kassel, Gruener Weg 19. They had a son:
+ 113. Alfred Hamberg, born 20.05.1914 in Volkmarsen.
Julius and Johanna Hamberg emigrated in 1937 with their son Alfred into the USA. Julius Hamberg died in July 1963 in the USA. Johanna Hamberg died in New York. (Thiele, a.a.O., p. 669)
84. Julie Hamberg, born 16.08.1882 in Breuna, she was married to Bernhard Lichtmann,born 15.12.1878 in Gorzno/Poland. Julie and Bernhard Lichtmann lived in Duesseldorf and Gelsenkirchen. They had two children:
+ 114. Flora Lichtmann, born 29.10.1906 in Duesseldorf
115. Julie Lichtmann, born 05.11.1909 in Duesseldorf.
Bernhrd Lichtmann died on 06.04.1918 in WWI. Julie Lichtmann was deported on 27.01.1942 from Gelsenkirchen to Riga and murdered in Riga-Strasdenhof.
(www.denkmalprojekt.org/Verlustlisten/rjf, Gedenkbucgh Bundesarchiv)
85. Henriette Hamberg, born 05.02.1884 in Breuna. She was married to Sally Meyer, born 15.05.1880 in Gelsenkirchen. Henriette and Sally Meyer were deported on 27.01.1942 from Gelsenkirchen to Riga. Henriette Meyer was murdered on 24.07.1944 in Riga-Kaiserwald.
86. Moritz Hamberg, born 15.07.1885 in Breuna. He married Betty Pulver, born 11.09.1897 in Westheim near Hassfurth. Moritz and Betty Hamberg had two daughters:
+ 116. Irmgard Hamberg, born 05.06.1923 in Breuna
+ 117. Susanne / Susi Hamberg, born 11.08.1929 in Breuna.
In November 1938 Moritz Hamberg was deported and arrested in Buchenwald for about four weeks. Moritz and Betti Hamberg were deported on 01.06.1942 from Kassel to Sobibor and murdered there on 03.06.1942. (Gedenkbuch Bundesarchiv, Ernst Klein, a.a.O., p 194/195)
87. Sally Hamberg, born 16.05.1887 in Breuna. He married Minna Braunsberg, born 16.06.1889 in Breuna, daughter of Joseph Braunsberg and his second wife Esther, nee Braunsberg. Sally and Minna Hamberg lived in Hannover, theyhad two daughters:
118. Edith Hamberg, born 23.10.1919 in Hannover
119. Margot Hamberg, born 26.02.1924 in Hannover.
Sally and Minna Hamberg were deported on 15.12.1941 from Hannover to Riga.
(Rob Meyer's genealogy, Gedenkbuch Bundesarchiv)
88. Rose / Rosa Hamberg, born 06.02.1889 in Breuna. She was married to Louis Nassau, born 19.03.1875 in Volkmarsen. Rose Hamberg was the second wife of Louis Nassau. He married first Minna Rosenstock from Volkmarsen. She died at the birth of her first child. Rose and Louis Nassau had four children:
+ 120. Trude Nassau, born 01.01.1910 in Volkmarsen
+ 121. Kurt Nassau, born 15.06.1911 in Volkmarsen
+ 122. Fritz Nassau, born 22.08.1917 in Volkmarsen
123. Karl Nassau, born 22.08.1917 in Volkmarsen, he died
24.07.1918 in Volkmarsen.
Louis Nassau died 10.07.1934 in Volkmarsen. Rosa Hamberg was taken with her daughter Trude in 1936 into the USA by her son Fritz, who emigrated before into the USA.
(Ernst Klein, a.a.O., p. 187.ff., 246.ff.)
89. Hermann Hamberg, born 12.09.1890 in Breuna, He was deported on 01.06.1942 from Kassel to Sobibor and murdered there on 03.06.1942. (Gedenkbuch Bundesarchiv)
90. Emilie Hamberg, born 26.05.1892 in Breuna. She was married to Max Meyer, born 16.11.1883 in Bad Lippspringe. Emilie and Max Meyer lived in Bad Lippspringe, they had two sons:
+ 124. Siegfried Meyer, born 11.07.1921 in Bad Lippspringe
+ 125. Walter Meyer, born 01.06.1922 in Bad Lippspringe.
Emilie and Max Meyer were deported on 13.12.1941 von Muenster / Osnabrück / Bielefeld to Riga. (Gedenkbuch Bundesarchiv)
92. Fanny Hamberg, born 22.07.1895 in breuna, she was married to Moritz David, born 27.07.1891 in Wesel. Fanny and Moritz David lived in Hannover. They had a son:
+ 126. Arthur David, born 11.05.1922 in Hannover.
Fanny and Moritz David were deported on 15.12.1941 from Hannover to Riga.
93. Johanna Hamberg, born 28.08.1897 in Breuna. She was married to Jacob Muenz, born 14.05.1888 in Wiesenbronn / Unterfranken. Johanna and Jacob Muenz lived in Ilmenau / Thueringen, they had a son:
+ 127. Herbert Muenz, born 03.06.1925 in Ilmenau.
Johanna and Jacob Muenz were deported on 10.05.1942 from Weimar / Leipzig to Belzyce. Jacob Muenz was murdered on 09.11.1942 in Lublin. (Gedenkbuch Bundesarchiv)
94. Julius (II) Hamberg, born in Volkmarsen. He took over his father's textilshop. He married Ursel N.N.. Julius and Ursel Hamberg had three children:
128. N.N. Hamberg (female), born in 1922
+ 129. Hans Leo Hamberg, born 19.04.1923 in Volkmarsen
130. N.N. Hamberg (male), born in 1926.
The family emigrated in 1934 over Triest to Haifa / Palestine. Julius Hamberg died in 1970, Ursel Hamberg died in 1982. (Ernst Klein, a.a.O., p.215.ff.)
95. Leo Hamberg, born 30.05.1889 in Volkmarsen. He took part in WW I and was wounded. He died on 15.01.1920 in Volkmarsen.
(www.denkmalprojekt.org/rjf Verlustlisten, HHStAWI, 365, no. 842 grave lists Volkmarsen)
S E V E N T H G E N E R A T I O N :
96 a. Fritz Leven, born 20.01.1889 in Krefeld. He married Grete Stillingmer, born 12.08.1897 in St. Hubert near Krefeld.
113. Alfred Hamberg, born 20.05.1914. He lived with his parents in Kassel and emigrated with them into the USA. He married Lee Bachenheimer, born 23.10.1922 in Offenbach Alfred and Lee Hamberg have two sons:
131. David Hamberg
132. Larry Hamberg
Alfred Hamberg died 09.12.2008 in New York, Lee Hamberg died 22.01.2012 in New York. (Ernst Klein, a.a.O., p. 218 ff.)
116. Irmgard / Irma Hamberg, born 05.06.1923 in Breuna. She emigrated in August 1940 into the USA (over Litauen, Russland, Sibirien, Manchurai to Japan and from there and from there over the Ocean to Seattle and New York). She was married to N.N. Meyer. Irmgard Meyer has a son:
133. Robert Meyer, he lives in Arlington, MA, USA.
Irmgard Meyer died 2006 in Pittsburgh, USA. (Ernst Klein, a.a.O., p. 193 ff.)
117. Susanne / Susi Hamberg, born 11.08.1929 in Breuna. She moved to Kassel on 27.10.1940. She was deported form Kassel on 01.06.1942 to Sobibor and murdered there on 03.06.1942. (Gedenkbuch Bundesarchiv) In 2001 the Street to the Jewish cemetery in Breuna was named after her “Susanne-Hamberg-Weg”. (Ernst Klein, a.a.O., p.29)
120. Trude / Gertrud Nassau, born 01.01.1910 in Volkmarsen. She was married to N.N. Meyer. They emigrated in 1936 into the USA. Trude Meyer has two children:
134. Rita Meyer, she lives in Brooklyn, N.Y.
135. Ronald Meyer, he is a pianist and lives in New York.
(Ernst Klein, a.a.O., p. 220/221.)
121. Kurt Nassau, born 15.06.1911 in Volkmarsen. He flet to France after 1933 and emigrated later into the USA. He has two sons:
136. Lewis Nassau, he lives in New Jersey
137. Harold Nassau, he lives in Cambridge, MA, USA.
122. Fritz / Fred Nassau, born 22.08.1917 in Volkmarsen. He moved after 1933 to Kassel and emigrated at the age of 16/17 years to New York. (Ernst Klein , a.a.O., p. 187 ff.)
124. Siegfried Meyer, born 11.07.1921 in Bad Lippspringe.He was deported to Dachau. He died in Dachau on 19.05.1945.
125. Walter Meyer, born 01.06.1922 in Bad Lippspringe. He lived in Hamburg. He emigrated into the Netherlands. He was deported from there on 26.08.1941 to Mauthausen and murdered there. (Gedenkbuch Bundesarchiv)
126. Arthur David, born 11.05.1922 in Hannover. He was deported on 15.12.1941 from Hannover to Riga.
127. Herbert Muenz, born 03.06.1925 in Ilmenau. He was deported from Weimar / Leipzig on 10.05.1942 to Belzyce and murdered on 09.11.1942 in Lublin.
129. Hans Leo / Eliezer Hamberg, he was born 19.04.1923 in Volkmarsen. He emigratd with his parents in 1934 to Palestine. He married Ursel N.N. He died 2001 in Kfar Shmaryahn/Israel (Ernst Klein, a.a.O.., p. 215 ff.)
Compiled by Hans-Peter K l e i n Melsungen, May 2010
Revised and supplemented Melsungen, September 2015
Melsungen, January 2016